1. The Rio Blogger Prize for environmental photographers/bloggers (deadline 23 March 2012) – Tcktcktck
http://tcktcktck.org/2012/02/rio-prize-description/ -Thank You Rio+20
2. UN PRME Leaders+20 Competition (Deadline 1 April 2012) – PRME Leaders+20
http://prme-leaders20.au.dk/ -Thank You Rio+20
3. Apply to the Global Engagement Studies Institute (GESI) for 2 course credits from Northwestern University (Deadline April 2 2012) http://cgenorthwestern.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=72adc4a52b41faa16985eef9e&id=9c9a7294aa&e=7343a5fc40
4. Learn more about sustainability on Columbia’s campus from the University’s Environmental Stewardship winter newsletter, including an update about composting on campus
5. The Best Internship on Earth is the opportunity to travel around the country with Sierra Club’s Mission Outdoors programs, and document these adventures for the Sierra Club (while enjoying $2,000 worth of merchandise from The North Face!). The Outdoor Youth Ambassador is a paid position, uniting young adults with a passion for the environment with community outreach programs that focus on outdoor experiences.
Sierra Club is seeking students (over the age of 18) who are passionate about the outdoors and looking for an adventure this summer. Please visit: www.sierraclub.org/bestinternship – Thank You Nilda!
6. Styleta is currently looking for interested students to join our executive board as Committee Director!
Styleta Inc. is a nationwide 501c nonprofit organization (www.styleta.org) that uses fashion to raise awareness and fundraise for charity. We work with students, designers and local boutiques to collect gently worn clothing or past season/sample items that we can sell at our bi-annual fashion show and trunk sale. Last semester the Columbia University chapter hosted a fashion show in conjunction with NYU in Soho to raise funds for charity:water! This semester we are working with CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) – Fashion Targets Breast Cancer (FTBC). Committee Directors will be in charge of one of the following divisions:
Logistics (communication with external resources – including boutiques, designers, venues, and suppliers)
Marketing (collaboration with CU and non-CU publications and blogs – in charge of communicating Styleta’s message and advertising our events)
Creative (design and creative vision, responsible for styling events and shoots)
The three directors will play a key role in coordinating and executing our spring trunk show and photo shoot, as well as the year end fashion show. This is a wonderful experience for students interested in the fashion industry or looking to gain hands-on business and marketing experience. All applications must be submitted no later than Thursday, March 8th.
Below is a link to our application:
7. www.ethikus.com is a startup social venture working with 20+ community organizations to build a community of consumers who choose to shop based on their environmental and ethical values. Our website highlights businesses across New York that are doing great things for their community, employees and the environment.
We’re looking for:
3-5 volunteers to administer our survey to business owners around the city. The ideal candidates have an interest in sustainability and will be comfortable discussing ethical and environmental friendly practices with business owners. Volunteers will have the possibility of extending into an internship through the rest of the spring and summer if desired. Training is provided and the hours /scheduling will be extremely flexible. Those who are interested or would like more information should contact Guy at Guy@ethikus.com. –Thank you Guy!
8. Founded in 2011, Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) is a national business organization representing the entire advanced energy industry. AEE’s mission is to create a better business environment that will ensure U.S. leadership in meeting growing global energy needs with advanced energy solutions. AEE is looking for top university students who are passionate about advanced energy to become AEE Fellows this summer.
The Fellowship is composed of:
A 10-week, paid summer internship in AEE’s San Francisco office, conducting industry research, liaising with energy companies, and working alongside eight other AEE fellows.
Organizing an advanced energy campus event in the fall
An ongoing relationship with the growing AEE network of organizations and companies
Learn more and submit cover letters here: http://www.internmatch.com/company/advanced-energy-economy/internships/roles/summer-2012-advanced-energy-economy-fellowship – Thank You Todd!
1. Save the Date: PowerShift NY April 27-29 2012 http://www.facebook.com/events/190463297733482/ -Thank You Caroline
2. SEEJ, Infraktion, CUFSP, EcoReps-Water, Aquanauts and Green Umbrella present a Screening of the human rights, environmentalism film: Gasland on April 6th at 4:30 pm in Lerner Cinema. Discussion following film
3. Sustainability Conference at HEC Business School in Paris March 22, 2012. (It will be in English) The theme of this year’s edition will be “Smart Cities. Smart Sustainability”, with tracks on Energy & the Environment, Social Business, as well as Infrastructure & Mobility.
HEC Business School’s Sustainable Conference team aims to reach out to students in leading universities in the field of sustainability worldwide, such as Columbia University. The event will be followable on Twitter and Facebook on the day of the conference and video replays will be available the week after the conference. Here are the details:
Home page of dedicated website: http://hec-sbc.org/
Program to date : http://hec-sbc.org/program/
Hashtag : #hec_sbc
4. The Wall Street Green Summit is the longest running and most comprehensive environmental market event in the industry. Launched in 2002 by Peter Fusaro, The Wall Street Green Summit covers cutting edge content, industry developments and features the practitioners and the leaders of tomorrow. March 19-20, 2012 Center for Architecture Foundation 536 Laguardia Place, New York, NY (212) 358-6133 · aiany.org –Thank You Zak!
5. EarthCo “Recycle That” Study Break
Email email@example.com with any questions!