Hey Green Umbrella,
We hope midterms are going well & everyone is enjoying the mild fall weather (I am!). Below are some opportunities and events you can consider:
1. Barnard EcoReps October Potluck: Monday, October 17th, in 327 Milbank at 7:00 PM
2. Robert Socolow will be coming to CBS on Monday 17th October, 5:45pm in Warren 311
3. GASLAND screening, this Tuesday 10/18, 9 PM Hamilton 414
4. Mayor’s Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability information session Tuesday, October 18th, from 6pm to 7pm in the Barnard Career Development Library
5. An Interdisciplinary Discussion on Climate Change Mitigation this Tuesday 10/18 Jerome Greene Hall Room 106
6. Final Manhattan Public Hearing on Spectra Pipeline– Thursday Oct 20th Columbia students meet at 6 pm at Broadway gates
7. FeelGood CU screening of “Bonsai People: The Vision of Muhammad Yunus,”Thursday, October 20 at 6pm in Lerner Cinema.
8. Environmental and Sustainable Development Programs Open House. Monday, October 24, 2011 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm; Low Memorial Library Rotunda.
9. Food Day 2011 will be held on Monday, October 24th; John Jay will be having their annual local foods meal for lunch on 10/24, from 11am-2pm.
10. Potluck and screening of the new Documentary “In Search of Good Food,” Tuesday, October 25th at 7:30 pm at The Alpha Delta Phi Society 526 W114th Street between Broadway and Amsterdam
11. Greening New Jersey Communities from the Ground Up; Friday, October 28, 2011, 09:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Cook Campus Center, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
12. Huge Anti-Fracking Rally, NOVEMBER 21st email email@example.com and we can organize something
A. Barnard Eco Reps are Hiring! email firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Join the CU Green Umbrella Board! email email@example.com
C. CALL FOR GREEN WARRIORS: Radical Environmentalists Unite! Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s rekindle the flame.
E. Sign EarthCo’s Bag the Bag NYC petition! www.bagthebagnyc.com
F. Apply to the green start-up helper, the Unreasonable Institute! The Unreasonable Institute [Due November 10th] http://unreasonableinstitute.org/apply/
G. NYC Clean Heat Program Internship Contact Abbey Brown (ABrown1@cityhall.nyc.gov) to learn more.