Give + Go Green is in its sixth year of collecting student goods, donating various items to local organizations, and helping reduce waste at Columbia. Last year, we collected and donated a little over four 26-ft. trucks that contained various items to Goodwill Industries, Inc. Additional clothing was also donated to Broadway Presbyterian Church on 114th St., along with toiletries (approximately 20 bins of cloth goods and hygiene items). To City Harvest, we donated about 1,200 lbs. of food. We also collected about 940 pieces of furniture — so of it even when to Haiti and El Salvador to help out with relief efforts there.
STAFFED DROP-OFF LOCATIONS:
May 10th: College Walk, 12-4pm
May 11th: 114th and Broadway (by the Carman Gate), 12-4pm
May 12th: Wien Gate, 12-5pm
May 13th: Wien Gate, 12-5pm
UNSTAFFED DROP-OFF LOCATIONS:
In addition to the individual, staffed drop-off locations (above), we will also place bins in several of Columbia’s residence halls where you can drop-off your donations. These are not staffed, but the bins will be on location 24/7 until move-out is over.
PLEASE NOTE: collection boxes will be in place around May 9th
- East Campus: East Campus (2nd floor lounge)
- West Campus: Shapiro (17th floor lounge); Woodbridge (basement lounge); River (basement lounge)
- The Block: Ruggles (basement near vending machines); McBain (1st floor lounge); Broadway (lobby area)
- Hartley/Wallach: Hartley (main lounge)
- South Campus: Carman (basement kitchen); Furnald (room adjacent to laundry room)